Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Shooting Star


Dear Little Man,


I don't think that there will ever be a time that I won't wonder about what you would be doing if you were still with us and healthy. At 14 1/2 months, I can now only imagine as to what you would be like, how you would look, and who you would take after. It makes me so sad.


When we first lost you I searched and searched for videos of you, knowing that we had not taken many. The only one I found was of your baptism, and looking back at it I can now see the affects of your disease that we were oblivious to then.


But today, you gave me another gift. Hidden away in the back of a drawer was a video of you taken when you were three months old, before you were symptomatic. I was feeding you your first bowl of cereal. You were eating it up. Then you were taking a bath with Ry. How you loved your bathes. Next you were on your changing table. After bathtime always seemed to be your favorite time. You were kicking and smiling, making sounds that were so new to you. And lastly, you were at Ry's T-Ball game, sitting up in your stroller, laughing at the wind. All good times.


Who would have thought then how drastically our lives would change? That like a shooting star, you would shine and amaze us all, but leave us as quickly at you came.


Love,

Forever Your Mom

No comments: