Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bath Time


Although I still do not physically see Grey in my dreams, I have started to have dreams about him.


Last night I dreamt that I was at the dinner table with Bill, Luke, Seth, Riley, Mom, and her brother, my Uncle Don. He died nearly 20 years ago, but was a big part of my life when I was young. One of the things I remember most about my Uncle Don was how he could sit at the holiday table and eat FOREVER. I'm sure it wasn't forever, but when you're 5 and waiting for your Christmas pajamas it felt like forever.


Anyways, we're all sitting at the table finishing our dinner and my Uncle Don gets up to leave. I questioned him as to why he was leaving so soon, in my mind knowing that he really shouldn't have been there in the first place and once he left, he would really be gone.


He looked at me and said, "He still expects his bath at 7."


Wow.


Grey was like clockwork with his bath. If we were ever late, he let us know. I woke comforted by the thought that my uncle was now taking care of Grey. It was a good dream, one that filled my eyes with tears as I told Bill and my mom.

2 comments:

Sabrina (Angel Zoe's Mommy) said...

Wow is right! That gave me goosebumps. I hope the dreams keep coming and that they eventually turn into wonderful dreams of you holding Grey again or maybe of Grey running and playing. I am waiting for my dreams to come too.

xoxo-Sabrina

deej said...

That's a great dream. I know you'll dream about him soon.

I keep praying for it...