Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day SIx


Day Six brought the other kind of oatmeal, the kind most people think of when you say the word.


The smell of maple & brown sugar oatmeal brings about tons of emotions in me. Last June I was at an in-service for school. It was early in the morning when a dear friend sat down next to me. In a cup was her breakfast. Immediately I smelled it. I must have had some sort of look on my face, because she asked me if I was OK. I just told her that I loved the smell of her oatmeal. It reminded me of Grey. Like I've always said, he gives me signs in the craziest places, just to let me know he's still with me.


I'll never forget the day that Bill tried to feed him grits. He was having none of that, even though they too were maple and brown sugar! Grey always knew what he wanted. And most mornings, it was oatmeal, maple & brown sugar with cinnamon applesauce.

No comments: