Friday, December 19, 2008

The Finality Of It All


Grey's memorial is tomorrow. It's been a long week. Oh my God, it's been a week since we lost Grey. I guess it's OK to think out loud when you're blogging.


There are so many people that have done the most incredible things for us. My family has received food, gift cards, and money from both friends and complete strangers. I have reconnected with friends and family that I thought I was too busy to reconnect with. I heard my nephew say "I want that," when I showed him Dr. Pepper. I gave it to him when his mom wasn't looking, twice. I've sat at a bank for two hours while my friend signed his life away to open a memorial fund for Grey. I've cut my son's obituary out of the paper. I've watched a PowerPoint of Grey that another friend made a gazillion times. I've folded my baby's clothes for the last time and tucked them away in his drawer. I've cried, I've screamed, and I've laughed.


I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I do know that I will not face it alone. My heart is heavy, and I ache to see so many of you tomorrow. I could not get through this without you guys. You all will be the ones to help carry on Grey's memory, and for that I could never thank you enough.

3 comments:

CalDad said...

A great line from a great movie (The Wizard of Oz) is very fitting here:

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

Based on the outpouring of love toward Greyson, Seth, Riley, Lucas, Bill, you and the rest of the family it is clear that you have huge hearts. We here are all inspired by the strength, faith heart and courage that all of you have shown during these last few months. Each and every one of you are amazing!
Love Paul, Jona, Daniela, Pat and Spencer

shanna wiley said...

Bill and Nicole, We only just heard about sweet Grey. We are both crying right now for your loss. You and your precious family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Blake, Shanna, Coy and Cooper Wiley

Texas Mom said...

We will always be there you and your family. Today was the most inspirational service ever. What a beautiful tribute to Grey. The number of people there was amazing. There are so many of us out there thinking of all of you.