Sunday, June 28, 2009

What? A Blog Award?!


Wow! A blog award? How cool is that?

I received the award from my "teacher across the hall" friend Misti. I tease Misti a lot, as to how she makes me feel more sane because she is so crazy. Truth is, although she is crazy, her heart is enormous! She was the one who got me interested in blogging in the first place. And, blogging has turned out to be very healing for me. In addition, it has really helped me to get Greyson's story out to the world.

Although I really enjoy reading Misti's blog entitled "Ag Teacher's Wife", I have more recently enjoyed her newest blog, "Misti's Moments". The girl has a true talent for photography. And in keeping true to her enormous heart, when I asked her to photograph a friend's family and her daughter's 1st birthday party, she did not hesitate to say yes, even though she's going to have to make a trip to Houston with me.

There are two people that I would like to pass this award on to. The first would be to my husband Bill. However, I will not do this officially because I am sure he would not want a pink flower posted on to his site. But, if you get a chance stop by "Hey Dad's" blog, check it out. It is a rare look into the thoughts and feeling of a grieving father. With the passing of his baby boy, Bill's life has changed drastically, and is continuing to change. It will be an interesting journey to follow.

Now, officially, the award goes to Carrie at "Little Miss Hannah". Carrie's daughter, Hannah, has been diagnosed with a rare form of Gaucher's Disease. Carrie is looking for a cure, and doing a damn good job at it. Her story is not only raw and real, but so inspiring. Trying to describe the blog, and Carrie , I'm finding is hard to put into words, still being a little raw myself. Through her blog, we have become friends and have even met in person. I am now lucky enough to call her a friend. I look at her in awe. You will too.


All blog awards come with rules so here they are:


#1 Grab the Award and link the person whom you got the award from.

#2 Pass the award to different bloggers whom you think are deserving of this award.

#3 Write a post about the award and there you’ll link the person who gave the award to you and those people who you’d like to pass the award.

#4 Continue your passion in writing because your hard work will always be appreciated.

No comments: