Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shooting Star


I know it's been quite a while since I have posted. I thought I just really haven't had much to say. But I think the reality of it is, maybe I just don't want to hear what I know in my heart is true.


Grey is gone, really gone. It boggles my mind.


Today when I picked up the mail I received an invitation from Hope Hospice to reveal this year's quilt. Every year they make a quilt from material of loved ones lost. We are invited because Grey's blanket is part of their quilt.


At first I was excited. 'Oh look, we get to see the quilt. They've finally finished the quilt.'


Then I was sad. How I wish we were not members of this exclusive club.


This afternoon I did pay tribute to Grey by adding to the tattoo on my calf. I have a sun intertwined with a moon. Four stars outlined in blue represent the boys. Just a year ago, almost to the day, I added Grey's star to the original three. Just a year ago. Today, I decided to turn Grey's star into a shooting star. A shooting star is the best representation of Grey that I can think of; bright, beautiful, surprising, fascinating, . . . gone to soon.


When I got home, Riley was the first to ask to see it.


"Oh! How come Greyson gets a shooting star? I want a shooting star!"


No Honey you don't. Believe me, you don't.


Grey is gone, really gone.

1 comment:

mitwill said...

Cool shooting star! Pretty fitting I think!