Thursday, January 8, 2009

It Could Have Been Worse




Grey Grey,




I have spent the majority of the day being either sad or mad. I really try not to be like that very often, but today I guess I just needed to feel those things.




I met a new mom whose daughter is living with Krabbe's. It just hurts my heart to know that others will continue to battle this senseless disorder. I found one site that would lead me to another, and another, and another.




I know it sounds crazy Grey, but the more I looked, the more I realized how lucky we were that Krabbe's took you so quickly and painlessly. We never had to feed you with tubes or provide you with oxygen. You never had seizures. Your "neuro-cry" lasted only for a few hours. At the time I thought that I would never get that sound out of my head, but I have. At one point we thought that you had lost your vision, but then you continued to track us. You always responded to our voices. You laughed at Daddy on Wednesday night after your bath and gave him kisses. You never lost your smile. And on Friday, you simply slipped away.




I guess God was listening. It could have been so much worse.




Miss You Baby,


Forever your mom




No comments: