Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Greyson's Law In Action


The Texas Department of State Health Sevices has made it official. Greyson's Law (HB 1795) has made it to their website, announcing the formation of the Texas Newborn Screening Advisory Committee. Click here to read more.


In addition to this great news, I have more.


My friend Misti sells Scentsy. She has decided to have a "Grey's Gift Fundraiser" for the month of January, her commission paying for the quilt Bill & I want to get made out of Grey's clothes, bibs, and blankets.


Do you know what it's like to have a friend willing to give up her commision to pay for your baby's quilt? I can't even put it into words. But I will say that I would love for Misti's commission to go through the roof because, no matter what, she is set on paying for this quilt. But imagine if she could get the quilt and still have some of her commission left? That would be awesome! She has been there with us, and for us, since before Grey's diagnosis. Show her some love for me!


Click here to go to Grey's Gift Fundraiser. Then click on our picture in the right-hand corner of Misti's blog.


Below is one of my favorite pictures of Misti, in the midst of her ugly cry. She loves us that much!



1 comment:

Nikki Marie said...

Hi my dear,

I search daily through just one or two blogs. Today, I came across yours. I find myself two hours later still reading through your words of sorrow, pain, triumph, joy, and wisdom. I am not sure what it is about your blog that drew me in, but I can say that by the end I feel as though I have gotten a peek into your soul. Congratulations for your accomplishments in relation to Grey's law. Keep fighting my dear, Keep fighting. I have two friends that are pregnant and I will be trying in the next few years. I will be sure to tell everyone I know about Krabbe's disease--because of Greyson, no pregnant woman to enter in my life will go uneducated about this condition. You have touched me. I love your little boy for being the reason awareness is spreading across the country. Fight on my dear...and fly high little man...fly high! Thank you Nicole and Thank you Greyson!