Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Time I'll Ask, Maybe


Although we were promised that HB 1795 would be voted on by Thursday, we have yet to receive word that it has. I do take comfort in the fact that Grey's Bill is one of many that hasn't been put to a vote. Last I heard, Madam Chair was told that her committee was holding up the show by not putting Bills to a vote. As far as I know, they could still be in committee tonight playing catch-up. But, until my phone rings with confirmation that Grey's Bill has been passed through, I have to treat it as though it has not.

So I will ask, hopefully for the last time, for you to call Rep. Kolkhorst's office and ask her to put HB 1795 to a vote and support expanding Texas' newborn screening program. Her number is (512)463-0600.

I will be in Houston and Dallas this weekend following the Dave Matthews Band, but be assured that as soon as I know, you all will know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alrighty, I made the call..........we have to get this done!!