Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Committee Hearning For Greyson's Law


The following link is to our hearing with the Public Health Committee for HB 1795. The date was 4/21/09 at 8:11 am. Our session starts at about 20:35. You need RealPlayer to view it.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/committees/broadcasts.php?session=81&committeeCode=410

I cannot thank the Public Health Committee enough. They were wonderful people. Rep. Dr. Zerwas was amazing. I don't think we could of had a better person on the committee, helping us with every word that came out of his mouth. Before today, we didn't even know who he was. Overall, I think the session went very well and we have been told that if Grey's bill passes, it has already been allocated the funds. They should vote on it this Thursday.

Thank you to Aida Benson and her family for testifying. I know what it's like to have a terminal child. It would have been much easier for you to not be a part of today. It is our blessing that you were.

Thank you to all of our friends and family, whether you were there or there in spirit. I can't tell you how many text messages I received this morning.

Thank you to Jenny Hoff and her cameraman Chris. They taped our part of the session and interviewed us afterwards. It will run tonight on KXAN New 8 in Austin.
As always, Bill was incredible, speaking so eloquently. Seth stood with him, in support of his littlest brother and answered questions from the committee. He was so mature. I am so proud of him.
As we left the committee meeting, Rep. Kolkhorst promised us that none of them would ever forget Greyson. I believe her. Afterwards, Rep. McReynolds made it a point to tell me how much he appreciated what we were doing because of Greyson's loss and that he would never forget my testimony. It went so well. I thank God for letting Grey shine through me.

1 comment:

deej said...

I'm so glad it went well - I was thinking of you.